When blogs first came about, they were mainly designed to act as a chronological journal. Some still are but many, including this one, are repositories of articles, often categorised to make blogs easier to find.
Latterly whole web sites, again, including this one and all my other sites, are built on blog technology.
Right now, I am in transition, a kind of retirement but only insofar as I am ‘retiring’ from the old way I used to operate and transitioning into a new modus operandi. You could see this also as a transformation from chrysalis to butterfly.
The overarching philosophy I am adopting going forward is ‘an attitude of gratitude’. I am so grateful for all the blessings bestowed on me in life – amazing life partner, not one but two beautiful homes (one going or transitioning), an unexpected career trajectory from BBC TV engineer to author and meditation guide and also gratitude for good health, a sprinkling of wisdom and the ability to explain and share the unexplainable and what is then mostly unshared.
These are the new seeds. This blog will now become a monthly journal of what happens next.
In August, Louise had a new hip and two days before her op, her father had a major stroke. Looking after both, and caring for mum-in-law and Lou’s sister with learning difficulties has consumed the last few months and will occupy the foreseeable future.
So Lou’s decided it’s time to scale down her business and I’ve decided to alter the course of mine. The latter has been helped by three events this year:
1. Insight Timer creating a revenue source for teachers and guides whilst still being mostly free
2. A new found speaking career
3. A collaboration with Laurence Udell and the co-creation of the Big Ü
So as a result of all this, we are selling (or renting out) our Surrey house, moving into our new eco-lodge in Wiltshire and the in laws have already moved from the most ludicrously expensive care home in West London to one 5 minutes away from our Wiltshire pad.
The Cunning Plan
So this is what the trigger has triggered …
- In January 2019, Just for Today nuggets of mindfulness will transition back to freemium
- There will be two new JFT Patreon offerings and the current four tiers will shrink to three
- In Q1 2019, a new 30 day Insight Timer course will replace many of the standalone sets of meditations on my site
- Also, during the 1st half of 2019, all my current online courses will migrate to a new Big Ü portal
- In time, this will all form the building blocks to a philanthropic foundation
- And most importantly, I will start writing and creating a new opus.
- That is after my 17th book, Soulwave, the one that has taken the longest to write, is published in time for my birthday in March